7 Jan

hanna

Let’s get Hanna’s motivations clear right from the get-go, shall we? Hanna Rosin is not interested in equality. She is interested in dominance. Female dominance. Nothing more, and nothing less. From the author’s own website:

I come from a long line of matriarchs, women who either ruled over their husbands, or ran away from them. My mother is an intimidating figure. She has always served as the neighborhood watchdog, taking on bullies and running the co-op board with an iron fist. If you met her, it would be obvious why I was open to possibility of female dominance, because she embodied it long before it became the defining trend of our era.

Hanna acknowledges that female dominance is a central part of her understanding of how the world works, and that female dominance has become the defining trend of our era. Well, kudos to Hanna for at least being honest.

Hanna has been on a crusade to prove female dominance for some time now. In her original article, published at the Atlantic, she mused that “[f]or years, women’s progress has been cast as a struggle for equality. But what if equality isn’t the end point? What if modern, postindustrial society is simply better suited to women?”.

What if female dominance is inevitable?

Her recent article at Time Magazine lays out five reasons men are slated to be the oppressed sex – five ways in which men are complete and utter failures:

Men are failing in the workplace

The traditional household is vanishing

Men are increasingly subjected to violence from female partners

Working and middle-class fathers have become non-existent

Men have become feminized

Let’s take these one by one.

Men are failing in the workplace?

And what workplace would that be? The one that keeps our infrastructure up and running?

Statistically speaking, 100% of power plant operators, distributors and dispatchers are men.

91% of the nation’s electrical engineers are men.

97.6% of electrical power line installers and maintenance workers are men.

95.5% of water and liquid waste treatment plant and system operators are men.

95.9% of aircraft pilots and flight engineers are men.

98.4% of aircraft mechanics and service technicians are men.

91.9% of computer network architects, who design and implement all our computer based communications systems are men.

94.2% of radio and telecommunications equipment installers and repair technicians are men.

93.4% of garbage collectors are men.

78.2% of all workers in production, transportation and material moving occupations are men

82.4% of all industrial production managers are men

97.5% of all extraction workers, providing the raw materials to run our economy are men

Transportation, energy, communications, water treatment, resource extraction and waste management. Those are the things that provide us with a little something called civilization as we know it, and they are overwhelmingly provided by men.

While it is true that the manufacturing sector has taken a hit in recent years, the United States remains the world’s largest manufacturer, with a 2009 industrial output of $2.33 trillion. Its manufacturing output is greater than Germany, France, India and Brazil combined.

70% of that total workforce is male.

Primary metals manufacturing? 85.6% men.

Apparel manufacturing? 68.3% women.

So ladies in manufacturing are basically just sewing clothes?

How shocking! How surprising! How very housewifely!

What are the ladies doing in the workforce anyways? Most common job categories for women in 2010?

Secretaries (96.8% women)

Nurses (92% women)

Primary and elementary school teachers (81.9% women)

Cashiers (74.4% women)

Nursing aides (88.5% women)

Retail sales (51.9% women)

Retail sales managers (44.1% women)

Waitresses (71.6% women)

Maids (89.9% women)

Oh ladies. Thunderous applause. Doing all the same work in the paid market that you used to do at home. Progress!

Well, maybe the future will be different!

The top ten industries by annual average employment growth between 2Q09 and 2Q13:

Information Services

Support Activities for Mining

Educational Support Services

Technical and Trades Schools

Oil and Gas Extraction

Computer Systems Design

Management and Technical Consulting Services

Other Schools and Instruction

Ambulatory Healthcare Services

Employment Services

Educational support services? Maybe. Ambulatory healthcare and employment services? Okay. Sure. Women will dominate! But IT? Computer systems design? Mining support? Oil and gas extraction?

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!

Yeah. Right.

Hanna Rosin, you are full of shit. Women aren’t excelling in the workplace. They are doing all the same housewifely jobs they’ve always done.

The traditional household is failing?

Gee, I wonder why? Women are out in the workforce doing their housewife gig, neglecting their children and partners and are deeply, deeply unhappy as a result.

They file most divorce proceedings, have more mental health problems and express greater dissatisfaction with their lives.

But let’s blame men for that, shall we, Hanna? What women need is to be more dominant. To rule with an iron fist. Oh, except that women in traditional marriages are much happier.

Men are increasingly subject to violence from female partners?

It’s just sickening that Hanna sees this as a good thing. There is no question that it’s true, but how on earth can it ever be a net positive? Hanna links violence to women’s sexual confidence, which is deeply disturbing in and of itself.

Women are becoming more sexually confident, and something Camille Paglia has been waiting for, more aggressive and violent in both good ways and bad.

What Hanna is not taking into account is that women get away with hitting partners because the men are taking it. For now. How long does she expect that state of affairs to last?

Suzanne Venker puts it nicely:

It is a dangerous thing to create a society of angry men. Feminists have no idea what a can of worms they’ve created — and what it’s about to do to our nation.

Working and middle class fathers are becoming non-existent?

Again, it’s just sickening that Hanna thinks millions of children being raised without fathers is proof that women are dominant and men are obsolete. Children raised by single mothers do poorly on every imaginable scale. They have more emotional problems, experience more stress, are more likely to grow up poor, they have lower educational achievements and experience way more behavioral problems than children who grow up with married parents. Depression, suicide, drug abuse, jail and psychiatric medications are all more common in populations of children raised by single mothers.

The absence of fathers from the home is proof that women are stupid, heartless and profoundly unconcerned with their children’s well-being. If that’s dominance, I’ll pass, thanks.

Men are becoming feminized?

Which men?

64% of men do not wear any fragrance of any kind. Only 23% of men wear cologne daily. And cologne is hardly some arty-farty invention of middle class ladies.

80% of household spending is controlled by women. That 20% leftover is being used by men to “feminize” themselves? Bullshit.

Top Ten Things Women Enjoy Buying:

Gifts

Dates and relationships

Life experiences

Sports

Gambling

Cars

It’s interesting that the lady list has only two things that could ostensibly be shared with a partner (concert tickets, chocolates), while the men’s list contains almost ALL shareable items. The preference for gambling, cars and sports doesn’t suggest the sissification of men to me.

Keep dreaming, Hanna. Men are becoming the gentle kittens you would like them to be? Don’t be fooled. Just because men can be and are very often gentle, kind and giving to women doesn’t mean they will always be that way.

Here’s an idea for you: let’s claim that men are obsolete and worthless, like a map of a flat earth or a woolly mammoth snare, completely ignore the fact that they run the entire economy and make possible every service industry by doing the hard, shitty work, slap the shit out of them at home, take their children from them and then call them sissies.

How long do you think it will take before you discover that men are not only far from obsolete, they are faster, bigger, smarter and stronger than you?

How long will it take before they decide they have had quite enough of your shit?

How long, Hanna, can you live without water, power, communications, transportation or sewage treatment?

Obsolete?

I don’t think so.

Obviously people want social calm, but if you do not let clever and ingenious people participate, there must be some dormant volcano that will erupt, sooner or later.

Lech Walesa

Hanna and her ilk think the revolution will be the triumph of feminism and the utter domination of women.

I wouldn’t count on it.

Not for one second.

68 Responses to “Hanna Rosin says we are witnessing the end of men! Oh yeah? How about we look at the facts?”

1. Richard Nikoley (@rnikoley) January 8, 2014 at 23:51 #

JB, Do you mind if I do another “guest post” deal on this. “Post Away?” It’s just so Paglia-esqe, and I’ve been a fan of hers since like ’90.

• judgybitch January 8, 2014 at 23:52 #

Go for it, good sir!

Also, potato starch is disgusting. How do you eat that shit?

• Richard Nikoley (@rnikoley) January 9, 2014 at 16:42 #

JB:

The devil is in the details, my dear. :)

OK, thanks for the green light. You saved me from having to actually work to put a post up.

Kisses.

• Richard Nikoley (@rnikoley) January 9, 2014 at 16:48 #

Ha, the post title:

“The JudgyBitch Crashes Hanna Rosin’s Cloistered Tea Party”

Open to suggestions for better.

• judgybitch January 9, 2014 at 17:23 #

Heh!

I like it!

Cloistered like nuns. Sexless shrews.

2. Jeff January 9, 2014 at 14:35 #

Only 71.6% of waitresses are women? How does that work? :)

I think you might mean 71.6% of servers are women. All waitresses are women. All waiters are men.

Yes, I’m being that guy. Sorry.

3. RedPillOverdose January 9, 2014 at 20:13 #

How many feminists does it take to try and replace a light bulb….12
    One to try and replace it, but then scream about fat shaming when her fat ass can’t climb the ladder.
    One to criminalize men for creating the need for light.
    One to blame men for manufacturing a faulty means of illumination.
    One to suggest that “screwing in “the bulb contributes to rape culture and one in four light bulbs will be blown and screwed without the light bulbs consent in its lifetime. All light bulb screwing is rape!
    One to proclaim the bulb is too phallic and is part of the patriarchy
    One to proclaim its men’s own fault there are no good men left around to change light bulbs.
    One to say too many men have already changed light bulbs so let’s break the glass ceiling by giving women the opportunity.
    One to blame men for developing a patriarchal society that discourages women from “leaning in” to climb the step ladder to take charge of bulb replacement.
    One to blame men for the society where women have already replaced too many light bulbs.
    One to hold a demonstration advocating that women changing light bulbs should have wage equality with male electricians.
    One to let the media know that women are now out doing men replacing light bulbs.
    One to simply blog, take photos and webcast about how men are no longer necessary for changing light bulbs.

• Master Beta January 10, 2014 at 16:35 #

Love it

• Jim March 11, 2014 at 21:49 #

“No light bulb ever got changed……And Hanna Rosin can gently fuck herself with a cactus!”

I’m sure every female who just read that had an instant instinctive reaction to close their legs.

4. Stg58/Animal Mother January 11, 2014 at 03:59 #

JB,

You left out one vital area of male spending: guns, ammunition and combat / tactical equipment.

5. notquitehumbert January 12, 2014 at 00:59 #

I don’t know, JB—I read Rosin as making all the arguments the MRA have been making, just sugarcoated for the benefit of her rich female audience.

If you’re a smart or well-connected man who can do something women can’t do and that can’t be outsourced to the Third World, you’ll be in clover. Investment bankers and designers of robots will have their pick of jobs and of women, come what may. Such men have not only not opposed but embraced feminism, which has helped knock down their wage bills and living expenses nicely.

If you’re a guy with only an average IQ and can’t do much a Mexican won’t do for a fraction of the cost (plus tips in kind from grateful and lonely single white females, if you know what I mean), you’re in trouble.

Even Rosin admits to being worried about what to do with all those poor men of all races unemployable for anything but drug dealing and other crime. She should be.

6. John January 14, 2014 at 19:49 #

Women can share their handbags with men; they let us hold their handbags when they need to look at some shoes in the store!

Also, women can carry stuff for men in their giant handbags when men don’t have room for cell phones/keys in men’s pockets! That is, when women feel like an extra few ounces in the 5lb bag won’t be an imposition, or when women aren’t asking men to carry women’s stuff in men’s pockets because the bag didn’t match the woman’s outfit!

7. Remo January 16, 2014 at 05:12 #

And you can’t hold back progress right? And that modern postindustrial society that allows you to stand on the shoulders of giants and feel tall is going to be around for ever, buoying you up, with never a complaint, and never shrugging lest you fall correct cupcake?

I’m sure the enlightened, modern, feminized women of Rome felt the same way right up until the dark ages. Oops. Seems you can roll back the clock. Women may indeed be suited to the current insane paradigm we embrace today of debt fueled consumption, affirmative action hiring (with no regard for skills just politically correct gender), complete supremacy of women when it comes to all matters concerning charity, the law, and basic human rights, mass enslavement of men for the benefit of ungrateful women, etc. Then the lights go out. Or the checks to the local police start to bounce. Or the government declares a bank holiday and you’re savings are gone and the stores shelves are empty. Who pray tell will fetch your latte then hmm?

I do concur that the current society is better suited to women. I also observe that the society is currently dying, drowning in debt, and cannot possibly continue. It is the height of arrogance for her or anyone to believe that what comes out of the aftermath (following a likely intense period of chaos and violence) will be “better suited” to her selfish desires. Personally when the apple finally drops on this one – if I see this beast or ones like her in the street she will get a fine, thorough lesson as to the superiority of men. And its starting now – all to the good… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7qD6uUjCBg

8. Liz January 20, 2014 at 15:47 #

Thought I’d add a link to this thought provoking post over at Sarah Hoyt’s site here:

Entitled ‘You are NOT useless’ and describes her treatment as a stay at home wife and mother with pneumonia, under the care of doctors. It’s chilling, and really brings home the open disparagement our current society has towards women who stay at home with children. And in this case, defering to her husband’s judgement saved her life.

To make things clear, they wanted to do a biopsy (I had atypical intercellular pneumonia, but it was pneumonia and it reacted well to IV antibiotics the first two days, but then the doctors got fascinated with the fact that it was unusual. I don’t honestly know if this was made worse by my having an accent) not to euthanize me. However, as weakened as I was, my sister in law in Portugal (who is a medical doctor and whom my husband was speaking to on the phone sometimes three times a day) thought there was a good chance even a biopsy would kill me. And the doctors weren’t reinstating the antibiotic, even though I’d reacted well to it the first two days. Instead, as I refused the biopsy, they tried to convince me by pointing out even if I died it would be better for my family. After all, what was I doing for them? I didn’t even make any money, and my husband was missing days of work to be with me in the hospital.

When they convinced me to sign the authorization, while I was groggy from a laparoscopy (I think. Whatever it is when they put a tube down your throat) which had caused a heart episode (I told them that if I was tachycardic it would be a really stupid idea give me atropine, but they told me not to worry my pretty head about it), my husband came back in time to revoke it and tell them he would sue them if they carried it on under the circumstances. And then he told me to get up and get dressed, we were going to the other hospital in town, where they might give me the antibiotic and stop the nonsense.

This is where the fact that, by choice, I promised to obey him in my wedding vows comes in. (I did this because we’re both very hard headed and every association needs an ultimate boss. Since we were moving to his country, where he knew the rules better, he was better suited to be the ultimate boss. Oh, and you should have heard the hush that fell on the wedding guests when they heard me promise that.) I thought he was out of his mind, and I was hooked to oxygen and IV feeding, and the last thing I thought I could do was get up. But I’d promised to obey my husband, and he was giving me a direct order, for the first (and last, he knows better than to abuse it) time. So I sat up, removed the stuff I was attached to, got up and went towards the locker with my clothes. At which point the doctor screamed “Stop, we’ll give her antibiotics.”

• Liz January 20, 2014 at 15:52 #

So on the above note, Hanna isn’t working toward a world that will enable her son to walk his children to the park, she’s working toward a world where everyone who doesn’t put their kids in a kiddy kennel and go to work for the state instead of family is considered equally worthless.

9. Black Poison Soul January 22, 2014 at 05:31 #

When the hate bounces, she’s going to have problems.

10. Goober February 26, 2014 at 20:47 #

Female Dominance? Heh. Only if men allow it. Don’t like it? Tough shit. That’s the world you live in, like it or not.

Click the link…

The only reason every woman on Earth isn’t chained to a radiator and used as a sex slave is because men haven’t gotten it in their minds to do so. There are reasons for this. A careful study of gender (as opposed to what we call “gender studies”) would cause any intelligent person to realize that women have power, and always will, because men love them and value them, and FOR NO OTHER REASON AT ALL.

• Jim August 22, 2014 at 16:41 #

“The only reason every woman on Earth isn’t chained to a radiator and used as a sex slave is because men haven’t gotten it in their minds to do so.”

This.^^ If men were so evil then what Goober said above would be the NORM everywhere. No, instead we do our best to protect our women (most of us anyway). But I have to tell you that women are foolishly pissing off A LOT of men. But even then most are reacting simply by walking away from them. Now, if women then make that impossible then what happens? Women, don’t be stupid and piss that away.

1. What Incentives do Women have to Stay Married? | RedPillPushers - January 8, 2014

[…] made a fuss about female economic empowerment, but you need to check out Judgy Bitch’s post here on what the numbers actually look like in terms of the workforce. Sisters claim that they’re […]

2. the Revision Division - January 9, 2014

[…] JANET BLOOMFIELD: Hanna Rosin says we are witnessing the end of men! Oh yeah? How about we look at the facts? […]

3. The JudgyBitch Crashes Hanna Rosin's Cloistered Feminist Tea Party. Makes a Nice Mess | Free The Animal - January 9, 2014

[…] Hanna Rosin says we are witnessing the end of men! Oh yeah? How about we look at the facts? […]

4. Feminists Biting the Hand That Feeds Them | Just Four Guys - January 10, 2014

[…] http://judgybitch.com/2014/01/07/hanna-rosin-says-we-are-witnessing-the-end-of-men-oh-yeah-how-about… […]

5. ¿El fin de los hombres? | Círculo Atenea - January 14, 2014

[…] 64% de los hombres no llevan ningún tipo de flagrancia. Sólo el 23% de los hombres llevan colonia diariamente. Y la colonia no es en modo alguno una invención de señoras de clase media. 80% del gasto familiar es controlado por mujeres. ¿El 20% restante es empleado por los hombres para “feminizarse”? Y un cuerno. Las diez cosas que las mujeres disfrutan comprando: Bolsos Zapatos Trajes de verano Entradas de concierto Tejanos Joyería El trajecito negro Chocolates Lenceria Productos de belleza Las diez cosas que más le gusta comprar a los hombres: Relojes Alcohol Juguetidos de Apple Regalos Citas y relaciones Experiencias vitales Deportes Juego Coches Es interesante que la lista de las damas tenga sólo dos cosas que puedan ser compartidas con un socio (entradas de concierto y chocolate), mientras que en la lista de los hombres casi TODAS las cosas pueden compartirse. La preferencia hacia el juego, los coches y los deportes, no me sugiere el amaneramiento de los hombres. Sigue soñando, Hanna. ¿Se están convirtiendo los hombres en los dulces gatitos en que quieres que se conviertan? No te engañes. Porque los hombres puedan a menudo ser gentiles, agradables y generosos no significa que siempre lo vayan a ser. Te doy una idea: afirmemos que los hombres son obsoletos e inútiles, como un mapa de la tierra plana o una trampa para mamuts lanudos; ignoremos el hecho de que controlan toda la economia y hacen posible cada servicio industrial al encargarse del trabajo duro, sucio; golpeeémoslos en casa; quitémosles sus hijos y después llamémosles mariquitas. ¿Cuanto tiempo piensas que les tomará antes de que descubras de que los hombres no tan sólo no son obsoletos sino que son más rápidos, grandes, listos que tú? ¿Cuanto tiempo les llevará antes de que decidan que están hartos de toda tu mierda? ¿Cuanto tiempo, Hanna, podrás vivir sin agua, electricidad, comunicaciones, transportes o tratamiento de desperdicios? ¿Obsoletos? No lo creo. “Obviamente la gente quiere paz social, pero si no dejas que la gente más astuta e ingeniosa partícipe, existirá un dormiente volcan que eruptará, tarde o temprano.” Lech Walesa Hanna y las suyas piensan que la revolución será el triunfo del feminismo y el completo poder de las mujeres. No contaría con ello. Ni por un instante. Con mucho amor, JB Fuente original en inglés […]

6. The JudgyBitch Crashes Hanna Rosin’s Cloistered Feminist Tea Party. Makes a Nice Mess | Cesar's HealthCesar's Health - February 3, 2014

7. Because You Don’t Know Sh*t: An Interview With Janet “JudgyBitch” Bloomfield | Just Four Guys - May 26, 2014

[…] I saw your recent post on Hanna Rosin, author of the book, “The End of Men”; by all accounts I think it fair to say that you […]