So this is making the rounds today, and needs a little translation, but it’s not really bad advice, quite frankly.
Let’s update it and flip it, shall we? What would the Suffragette say to Young Men?
Advice on Marriage to Young Men
- Do not marry at all.
- But if you must, avoid women whose heads have been turned by Beauty Men, Flirts and Bounders, Tailors Dummies and the Football Enthusiast.
- Look for a woman who appreciates and values a Strong, Tame man, a Fire-lighter, a Coal-getter, a Window-cleaner and Yard-swiller.
- Don’t expect too much. Most women see men as lazy, selfish, thoughtless, lying, drunken, clumsy, heavy-footed, rough, unmanly brutes and she will try to tame you.
- Look for a woman who expects you to behave exactly as you did when you were a bachelor
- Never marry a woman who can’t cook
- Never marry a woman who doesn’t look after the Dog equally well
- You will be wiser not to chance it, it isn’t worth the risk.
A Suffragette Wife
What a long way we’ve come, baby!
Kind of sad, isn’t it? Good work, suffragettes.
Thanks for nothing.
Lots of love,