8 Feb

So Shona Sibary, who apparently likes to google herself every day, has found our little blog and she doesn’t wike it!

imagesCAR37SVS

You can read her comments, and my responses in the thread above.

And now Shona’s husband has chimed in, too. How delightful. This of course, is the man who allows his wife to call his 14 year old daughter a “slut” in a national newspaper and who stands by while she beats the shit out of his kids.

Hi JB – This is Shona’s husband. As you should know from your MBA, and will need to know to have any hope of obtaining a doctorate, you are breaching copyright by placing the above photo of Shona in the public domain on your blog. I would also recommend you seek legal advice as you are plainly at risk of liability for defamation of character in libel form. I won’t list the instances above. Suffice to say I have legally stored an electronic copy of this blog. In particular, a court of law would take a very dim view of this sort of public commentary including reference to a minor. I have advised Shona to pass this matter to the legal department of The Daily Mail and you should hear from them in due course.

Bring it, asshole. You don’t frighten me.

fuck you

30 Responses to “Call the waaaaaah-mbulance! Shona Sibary doesn’t like JudgyBitch. Boo fucking hoo.”

1. Odysseus February 8, 2013 at 20:15 #

Don’t know about what “fair use” laws are like in your country but you’d be just fine legally in the US.

Ask Shona’s husband if he’s ever laughed at a “Downfall” parody on Youtube…..wait this whole situation is about to provide enough material to make a “Downfall” parody on Youtube.

2. M3 February 8, 2013 at 20:26 #

“I have advised Shona to pass this matter to the legal department of The Daily Mail and you should hear from them in due course.”

Daily Mail Legal Adviser is ready to see you now.

3. Leap of a Beta February 8, 2013 at 20:27 #

She’s narcissistic enough that I wouldn’t be surprised if she pays to have google look out for references of her name and give her notices. A lot of famous, narcissistic, or people caught up in legal proceedings do so.

• princesspixiepointless February 8, 2013 at 20:36 #

I google myself all the time, I am only ever this drunk 20 year old living in Manchester that
      wants to be my friend on facebook….:(

• judgybitch February 8, 2013 at 20:38 #

I’m a black nurse in Texas who murdered a patient. Seriously.

• princesspixiepointless February 8, 2013 at 21:09 #

See! The Internet is the truth sayer!

• Leap of a Beta February 8, 2013 at 22:20 #

How dare you judge her, you murderer!

Then again, maybe you’re both just ‘finding yourself’ in others pain. Hah!

That or she’s just a dumb bitch of a parent

• Anonymous February 8, 2013 at 21:55 #

I only ever find me in a search engine. It’s because I’m the only person on the planet with my name.

• Kai February 8, 2013 at 22:14 #

I’m the only me on the internet with my name.
        I think it is responsible to google yourself periodically to ensure no surprises pop up. I don’t have any history that I couldn’t share with my grandmother and my boss (that’s my standard), but it’s good to keep an eye on what other people might find if they were checking on me.
        If I had some kind of public persona, I would probably put out a google alert on my name too. It might be narcissistic, but I think it’s also reasonable for a person with their name out there to keep an eye on what’s being said about them.

• Leap of a Beta February 9, 2013 at 01:06 #

That’s true Kai. I’d only do it if I was borderline famous – enough to get mentioned only occasionally but that those mentions are all the more important if I needed/desired to get more/better mentions for whatever career I was pursuing.

As is, I keep an eye out for mentions of myself – but I work in theatre and have new reviews of my work up all the time. But I certainly don’t bother with it except when a new show of mine opens. Most of the time, other people know more of when I get mentioned than I do, which is amusing in all the right ways.

• Leap of a Beta February 9, 2013 at 01:10 #

JB – my comments keep getting put in moderation. It makes me sad =(

Unless you just upped your mod levels for this thread to avoid hubby and wife from spamming idiocy across the world

• Kai February 9, 2013 at 04:46 #

I definitely google myself any time I’m applying for a job, or any similar thing where I think there’s a chance someone else might google me – I like to know what others are seeing. And I do it every once in a while if it occurs to me to wonder. If anything unexpected ever did pop up, I’d want to know about it first.
        Especially since I am the only me on the internet and can’t reason away anything as one of my other ‘selves’, I like to know. As it is, I continue to have merely a few local cross-country race results, a couple newspaper quotes, and my work’s website.
        But in a more public job, such as having a byline, I’d probably want to keep a more regular eye on things. Heck, if people were reading my pieces and discussing, I’d simply be interested. Or glad to know of criticism that I should consider. (Obviously that is not the mindset going in here..)

• Kai February 9, 2013 at 04:47 #

Regarding moderation:
        It looks to me as though all comments are moderated. Everything I ever say gets sent to moderation, though it all makes it out soon enough. Obviously your comments have made it through fine, unless there are others that haven’t.

4. Dean Esmay February 8, 2013 at 20:45 #

British law can be pretty scary in this area, but unless you live or work there, or travel there regularly, I think attempting to sue you will be rather difficult to say the least. People should think three times before they start threatening legal action; there’s an awful lot that falls under “fair use” over this way and as for having an opionion, that’s legal last I checked. If she thinks you’ve made something up that isn’t true, she should specify what that is exactly.

Her poor schlub of a husband is probably in a “cheaper to keep her” situation. Sad for him and his daughter.

5. Thanatos February 8, 2013 at 20:58 #

“Bring it, asshole. You don’t frighten me.”

Attagirl.

Fuck these idiots. You got freedom of speech,and we got your back.You and your husband both seem to be rational,straightforward,thoughtful, and charismatic people. It’s a shame these thought-policing fucktards run everything these days.There’s a guy running around shooting people-but let’s not deal with that,let’s fuck with somebody about a blog they run. This frivolous bullshit is an example of everything that is wrong with our country, and our world.

All the best JB & Co.

6. nekkidsoul February 8, 2013 at 22:18 #

I love your spunk JB! This wino loser mom doesn’t stand a chance in the ring with you! Keep calling the world on their shit lady. We need more judgy bitches speaking up. :)

7. Alex February 8, 2013 at 22:44 #

I would like to say that Shona and her husband are not parents at all. She acts like her (i’m finding it hard to believe that her hubby is their biological father or anywhere near that) kids are mere objects they can do whatever they wish to them, and THAT is nowhere near what a parent should be. I may be young but even i know this, and i would like to say to the husband that he seems like a narcissistic pussy whipped bitch to act this way concerning his family. Course, I could be off on this judgement, but i’m not in much position to care or try to do so. This may be one of the few instances I will ever support CPS stepping, as it seems her children are in a lot of danger with her around. Also, legal action taken by Shona or her husband will be a dumb choice (this is for the benefit of Shona and hubby) as no one will really be on their side, and i wouldn’t be surprised if the lawyer they get decides to not take the case.

8. Andy February 8, 2013 at 22:55 #

I assume you live in the USA or Canada and the server is not in the UK, then he has nothing to threaten you with.

Insult is not I think actionable. Even in the UK. You commented on things his wife said she did, she admitted to hitting her child and getting pissed whilst allowing her daughter to dress like a whore. I don’t think anything you said could defame her.
    Just imagine putting him on the stand and asking him, how you pointing out what his wife has admitted to in a UK national paper has defamed her.

9. Aurini February 8, 2013 at 23:47 #

I, personally, have been libelled by one on the left – they love spreading lies through their positions of power – and here are you, making honest and non-libellous commentary, and they threaten you with state violence.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of the revolutionaries seeking an enemy to revolt against. :)

10. driversuz February 9, 2013 at 02:39 #

“…liability for defamation of character in libel form…”
    “…your little part-time blog…”
    “… I feel for your children. You seem very angry and dissatisfied with your little lot in life…”

Rank. Fucking. Amateurs.

11. Will Williams February 9, 2013 at 17:51 #

Off point, but hope you find time to analyse and comment on the Vicky Pryce trial here in London after Chris Huhne, ex husband, former cabinet minister, pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice the day before the joint trial was due to start. She’s arguing marital coercion to defend her position.

See, e.g.

• judgybitch February 9, 2013 at 18:25 #

I’ll take a look at it, Will.

Thanks.

12. Keanu February 11, 2013 at 07:21 #

He obviously put some time into the wording of that email, it’s very articulate. Well I guess he’s got a lot of time on his hands these days, you know with all the sex he’s not having.

Oh wait, I guess I meant ‘with’ his hands.

13. James Williams February 18, 2013 at 10:44 #

If Shona is threatening to sue, then I can’t see anything here that is libellous. At the most its opinion, which everyone is entitield to because of freedom of speech. However that opinion is based on provable evidence.

14. James Williams February 18, 2013 at 10:48 #

I listened to the ‘gang up’ on Voice of Russia. Usually numbers game played. Feminists always make sure they outnumber the opposition. Loving an oppressor? They do not understand the meaning of love. Love = not material dependency. Love is an emotional attachment that is unquantifiable and produces chemical reactions within the body. It is not built on fear.

15. Goober April 12, 2013 at 17:44 #

Statements of opinion are protected free speech. Ask him to point out what false statements you made that weren’t clearly statements of opinion.

16. Dannie September 19, 2013 at 22:59 #

Mr. Sibary….Your wife seems to be a crazy vindictive biotch. She blogged about the idea that you never loved her. And that she manipulated you into marrying her. Why don’ t you just divorce her? If she can say whatever she livkes online…why can’t the people at Judgy Bitch? Grow up.