22 Oct

In How To Be A Woman, Caitlin Moran notes, with refreshing honesty, that women really have not created or invented very much throughout history.  Her theory is that we’ve been held down too long, and whew!  That is exhausting.  Nice try.

Here’s what we have created:  OTHER HUMAN BEINGS.  And for some reason, the effort it takes to create another human being and then do a decent job raising him or her to adulthood is not even considered work! We’re supposed to do that shit for free, and then accept the theory that WE DON’T CREATE ANYTHING.

What the everloving fuck is up with that shit?

This is the main reason I do not consider myself a feminist.  I am not joining any team that thinks my life’s work A) isn’t work and B) some sort of treason against all women. Hey, Simone de Beauvoir?  Fuck you with your “no woman should be authorized to stay home and raise children” bullshit.  Who the fuck are you, bitch?  Oh yeah, a childless spinster chasing a married man around the globe.  Thanks for your input, slag.

Princess Pointless has a very sick little munchkin and she left her job to care for him.  She regularly does 72 hours shifts at his bedside!  72 hours!  And guess what she gets paid to do that work?  ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING!  Where is the sisterhood now?  Where are all the politically aware feminists in arms?  Where are the PAY ME MOTHERFUCKER protesters?  Where are the politicians and leaders and activists?

Feminism has thrown women like me and Princess Pointless under the bus and our children, too.  Worse, feminists throw their OWN children under the bus by choosing a career over family. And what do they spend that money on? Walk into any supermarket and look at the products.  Look at them carefully.  95% of the shit you can buy at any WalMart or Tesco is fucking rubbish aimed at assuaging the guilty consciences of women who get up every day and leave the baby at the day orphanage while they go off to their “job” which is incredibly unlikely to involve A) curing cancer, B) creating technologies that improve the world or C) anything useful at all.

Yeah my kid spends 60 hours a week in institutional care while I plan strategies for marketing nail polish!  Yay for me!  What a great contribution.

The truth is that women don’t give a fuck about other women.  There are no women rallying around me and the Princess.  It’s the men in our lives who care.  Who value us.  Who pay the bills.  Who love us for what we CREATE and PRODUCE and who are prepared to pay for that.

Feminist?  Not a fucking chance.  Not until I hear the voices of a million women screaming for our contributions to humanity to be acknowledged, respected, admired and PAID FOR!  And what are those contributions to humanity.  Oh nothing, except for HUMAN BEINGS.

Lots of Love

17 Responses to “Women don’t build, invent or produce anything of real economic, social or political value BUT WE SHOVE HUMANS OUT OUR VAGINAS, and that is the most important contribution of all. So pay me, motherfuckers.”

1. universe October 30, 2012 at 18:20 #

Bitch
    The contributions of motherhood have been acknowledged, respected and admired. Although not by today’s Nazifem. And she’s close to being an ideological sister of yours.

And, yes, paid for by the love from children to your dying days and by the many many years of free room and board plus all the countless other little incoming tips known as shopping sprees, salon visits, redecorating, etc., etc., etc.

2. Mudz December 26, 2012 at 04:39 #

I’ve heard that basically many if not all the greatest men in history, pretty much owed the greatness of their character to good mothers who raised them as children. Being the teacher of the new generation of humanity and making kickass people out of them seems like pretty much the most awesome, and primary, contribution to society EVAH. As well as yeah, producing them in the first place. :D So you go, Bitch! :D

3. diana January 4, 2013 at 20:30 #

So women who can’t have children are worthless?Why should they stay at home if they anyway don’t really have something to tend to?And women actually invented very useful things like Rosalyn Yalow’s development of radioimmunoassays of peptide hormones.And it’s not just about discoveries, there are women who are really good at their jobs- either doctors, lawyers, teachers and yes even women working in cancer research – like Jeanine Erler who identified an enzyme called LOX, which enables cancer to spread in the first place.

• judgybitch January 4, 2013 at 20:54 #

Wow! Two ladies who did shit!

They’re called outliers, darling.

• James Versluis January 7, 2013 at 22:30 #

Nah, it’s more about discoveries. You’re right. And you should note that a woman had a huge impact on the development of modern computing, as well. And Madam Curie, of radiological fame. And development of frequency hopping radio.

Very good, if you were, say, the Bantu people, who number .01% of the Earth. You’d be doing stellar. As for over half the planet? Christ, then the one-discovery-for-every-ten-thousand-discoveries-men-make looks like you were born retards, and can in no way be explained away by “big evil man makes us scared!”

No it’s not about doctors and lawyers who are “good at their jobs”. They’re worth only a little bit to humanity. But the dude who made the entire immunological spectrum of pharmacopic drugs and consequent medical specialty? He’s worth all the “good at their jobs” chick lawyers, teachers and “researchers” put together.

Sorry Diana. The advancement of the human race was made by a few people. And they were almost all dudes. It’s cool a few of you girls made it clear that you’re not *totally* incapable of genius…just annoyingly, cloyingly, obviously and stubbornly incapable of invention overall, leaving over 99% to the guys to make up.

THAT is what it’s all about.

4. Kristie February 7, 2013 at 03:21 #

JB you got this chica rallying around ya. But I do know how you feel, my husbands family is CONSTANTLY telling him I should get a job and help support the family. Hmmmm, thought I was all along by raising our boys and caring for our home. But it does not count in their eyes since I am not getting that COLD HARD CASH. so yeah, no prep rally going here for me. But I don’t care. At least my boys will be raised with a semblance of common sense! the feminist bull shit is getting pretty deep out there and I gotta raise my boys to be able to muck through it!

5. Passerby June 20, 2013 at 19:45 #

The thing that gets me? First wave feminism, way back in the 1800’s, was centered around elevating respect for traditional women’s work, not declaring so degrading women shouldn’t have to do it. (Well, that and the vote, but I think we all know about that bit, yeah?) They felt that women’s contribution to society was terribly undervalued, and they wanted to stress the importance of child-rearing, cooking, and keeping a home. How far we’ve come…

6. Chromesthesia August 23, 2013 at 17:54 #

And then I am like @_@. Not every woman wants to be a mother and it’s OK if she doesn’t. But why isn’t there paid maternity leave in the USA that lasts at least two years? Less expensive child care? I’m not saying that I am against women being mothers and wives and such and staying home with their kids considering it’s healthy to have a primary caregiver for at least two years but to say that the only thing women can contribute is babies is really kind of… grrrrrrr

Dang. Just let people have choices about what they want to do instead of pushing them in the same box. Not all women are cut out for full time motherhood. I don’t even think I’m cut out for it. Children make horrible noises that go all through me, even though they are cute and I’ve spend years researching attachment but there has to be a bit of balance here.

7. m December 17, 2013 at 16:14 #

The ability to create life – some say wonder of – has been admired and worshipped everywhere, by everyone through the ages. It is the center narrative of every culture that ever existed and apart from that the single most important action to our survival.

It’s weird that of all feminists who claim to fight for women are the first to dismiss and devalue this thing.